Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Background Information

Born in Seattle, Washington, the 4th of 5 children. Studied Advertising and Psychology at the University of Washington in Seattle. Moved to New York City to follow my dream of working in the film business. My first job was as a stagiaire (intern) for a writer/director named Allen Moyle.
Second job was as a production assistant on a very low budget horror film. I quickly became a Locations Scout and then Locations Manager. I was attracted to this work because it involved developing the look of the film, photographing and choosing locations and working directly with the director and production designer. It is a very important, key job on a film. 
Briefly worked for a (now) producer Christopher Hanley https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Hanley at his Recording Studio, Intergalactic Music, Inc. and Rock Video International. I later found my way into the costume department through a friend and fell in love with costumes. It was the right place for me, combining of all my interests. (Please read interview) Moved to LA to do a film and when it was finished I couldn’t bring my self to move back to NYC. I love the sun and the beach and yes “I love LA”. I Lived in the Hollywood area for 7 years. I moved to France on a one year sabbatical to study French, photography, wine and cooking. Married a Frenchman and started a family. Mother of a girl and boy. Work as a Wardrobe Consultant, Additional Costumer in Paris for concert tours coming through Europe, Black Eyed Peas, Christina Aguilera, Britney Spears, as well as films needing a Costumer to measure or fit French actors in Paris. ALI, WOULD WAR Z. I traveled back to Los Angeles periodically to work in film and television. Hoped to work more in the French and British film industries but was too busy being a mom. I still love to take photographs and study photography intermittently as a hobby. I have had several photos published in local Anglophone association publications. WICE
http://www.wice-paris.org/index.html
I have also created multi-image slideshows using Pinnicle software. I sew for myself, often buying used clothing items and altering them to suit me and I personalize my own clothing. I also bought and sold vintage clothing at Vintage and retro clothing sales in Paris, as a hobby. (Vide Grenier Vintage)
http://www.fiftiessound.com/party.htm
Other interests include; interior design, Jewelry making, soap making. Studied ballet for 10 years as a girl. Still love the ballet. 
Move back to LA as single mom in 2013. Very active in a few environmental groups, including - Co founder of the Green Lunchroom committee https://www.gusd.net/Page/11633, member of Glendale Environmental coalition https://gec.eco/ , currently volunteering at a local food bank to organize redistribution of left over food that would otherwise end up in the landfill. 
I have a desire to learn new things and am always questioning. Sense of humor, energetic, enthusiastic, conscientious, pay attention to detail. I like the feeling of a job well done.